HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Share | 

CFE Tutorial for the Learn to Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: CFE Tutorial for the Learn to Build   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm

If you are doing the CFE Learn to Build or if you are not this tutorial is for you!

This is the floor plan used in the Learn to Build. This tutorial follows the rules of the CFE Learn to Build but does not follow the floor plan. I am only doing a single garage the the principle is the same for a double.

No 1: The house is to be built on a foundation.
No 2: Attach a ground level, double garage to the house with an entrance from the Garage to the house.
No 3: The Living Room in the house is to be a Sunken Living Room. In other words it must be on the ground level.
No 4: U can make a raised bedroom or bedrooms etc. if you want to. Play with it if you know your way around CFE( Optional).

We begin!

Layout your floor plan with foundation.

Delete the area where you will have the sunken living room.

Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation false" without the quote marks. Draw your wall using the wall tool for the outside walls of the living room.

Select the level terrain tool.

Level the walls in the direction of the arrow.

It should look like this.

Draw the area for your garage.

Level the wall in the direction of the arrow.

You will see little triangles like this on your build.

Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation true" without the quote marks. Select your wall tool and hold down the CTRL key. Draw backward on your wall just a couple of tiles like this. DO NOT let go of the tools.

Immediately redraw the wall. You can now let go. Do this on all areas where you see the triangles.

Type in the cheat "placeFriezes on" without the quote marks. Draw your frieze in the area where you want your raised bedroom.

Type in the cheat "placeFriezes off" without the quote marks. Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation false" without the quote marks. Draw the walls for the house. Include all interior walls.

Level in the direction of the arrows.

Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation true" without the quote marks. I've coloured the walls for ease of identification.

Draw foundation where you want the door and stairs in the garage. If you plan ahead, I didn't, you can do these next two steps when you first lay your foundation.

And again for the front porch.

Using the sledgehammer delete the wall tiles on the lowest level for the garage door and on the next level for the front door. I've also included space either side of the front door for windows.

I've done the same for the door to the back deck.

Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation false" without the quote marks. Fill in the missing wall. You will see the wall as shown here.

Do the same for the rest of the areas you opened up.

Make sure at this point to remove all your little triangles as described above.

Go up a level and you will see that all the wall have been distorted.

Select your level tool and level the floor as shown.

Type in the cheat "constrainFloorElevation true" without the quote marks. Place your windows and doors.

Now we will place the windows in the living room. Place the lowest level first. Notice the direction of the arrow.

On the next level place your the next set of windows. Notice the direction of the arrow is reversed.

Place the rest of your milti-level windows in the same way.

Place your stairs.

The final outcome.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/

CFE Tutorial for the Learn to Build

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sims Creators' Consortium ::  ::  ::  :: -